Project: Invisible Cities - Initial Thumbnail Sketches 5, 6 and 7

Oh look, more thumbnails! To be honest, I wasn't as inspired with this set as I was with the previous sketches, but I came up with what I could. Below you will see my ideas for Anastasia, a city that drives the visitor mad with desire and delusion, causing the victim to believe they are enjoying themselves when really, they are the city's slave.


I enjoyed creating Argia particularly because this is actually a hand drawn sketch I scanned in and painted under, like using a line art technique. I also found sketching by hand a lot quicker than using a tablet, so you may be seeing more of this technique in future works!


With the city of Armilla, I felt that it was too same-y, like I was repeating myself with each thumbnail, but the basic idea was that this city was not so much a city, as it was a mass of pipes from where the buildings once were.


Comments

  1. Love 5 and 7 from Anastasia! 8 and 14 from Argia look really good, can see them looking great with a bit of colour!

    Look forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Project: The "What If" Metropolis - Travelogue

Film Review: The Incredibles (2004) - The Hero's Journey Archetypes

Film Review: Disney’s Hercules (1997) - The Hero’s Journey