Toolkit 2: Maya - Lighting & Rendering 2 - Displacement

For this tutorial, we were introduced to different types of displacement maps and how they can be extracted from Mudbox and imported in to Maya. The first displacement map involving the dinosaur head was a little difficult to get my head around because after following the tutorial, when I set the height to 10 as instructed, the model became extremely lumpy and jagged, as seen in the image below. I decided to re-render the model with the height of 1 after.

The vector displacement map that was used on the toadstool was much easier to follow once I was shown what to do, and there wasn't any crazy results. Unfortunately I couldn't find the texture to add on to the toadstool in the files.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Project: The "What If" Metropolis - Travelogue

Film Review: The Incredibles (2004) - The Hero's Journey Archetypes

Film Review: Disney’s Hercules (1997) - The Hero’s Journey