Toolkit 2 - Maya: Character Posing

So for our first Maya session of the academic year, our tutor, Alan, tasked us with recreating 5 different action poses in Maya using the "Moom" Rig provided. He is a fun and quirky character that's interesting to work with! Below are my attempts at posing Moom.


Pose 1: I would say that this pose was the most successful as it has character and is quite close to the reference.


Pose 2: Although Moom lives, to me, he doesn't quite portray that strength that the reference photo does.


Pose 3: Fortunately for Moom, he still lives, but unfortunately, I may have broken his hips!


Pose 4: Once again, another broken hip, and he doesn't look as dynamic as I would've liked him to.


Pose 5: Even if he isn't the most graceful looking character, Moom certainly knows how to dance!

Overall, I had a lot of fun in this exercise, however there are things that I would like to improve. I need to not be so afraid to push myself further out of my comfort zone and perhaps make these poses a little more dynamic without breaking Moom's bones any further! It's definitely something that I hope to work on in future sessions.

Comments

  1. Hey, Chelsea. Awesome stuff :) Quick tip, if the rig has them use the shoulder controls to really accentuate the the shoulder joints, for instance in the running pose!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the awesome tip Max! I'll have a go at adjusting these in my next lesson :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Project: The "What If" Metropolis - Travelogue

Film Review: The Incredibles (2004) - The Hero's Journey Archetypes

Film Review: Disney’s Hercules (1997) - The Hero’s Journey