Character: Story and Game Ideas, Inventing a New Game and Playing More Games!

Our first Character session was on 06.10.15, and it was to get us into creating a mind set of how games work. Be it a board game, a card game, or a computer game, it's important to understand the mechanics and design features of each component. To get us started, Justin set us all a task where we were given a set of sticker images and tokens and we had to invent a game using these elements. This was actually quite fun to play with!


Justin also came to us individually to ask about our ideas for our Character projects. The assignment is to design a set of characters to go into a game, and to create an idea for this game, we chose a set of 3 cards at random to give us our concepts. Admittedly, I was a little stuck as to how I could go about the cards I had selected. I chose:

Stealth

Wildlife

Liquid

Initially, I thought of creating a game based underwater. This then ties in with the Liquid and Wildlife theme. I thought about making it a 3D  Stealth computer game, so now I need to tackle as to what the objective behind the game will be.

At the end of the day, our group then had a great evening playing a series of board and card games. My group played a few rounds of DiXit and Avalon, both of which were rather enjoyable!
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Project: The "What If" Metropolis - Travelogue

Film Review: The Incredibles (2004) - The Hero's Journey Archetypes

Film Review: Disney’s Hercules (1997) - The Hero’s Journey