Character Design: Perspective

For our Character Design lesson on Tuesday, out tutor Justin thought us about how to create perspective in our art. There were so many different ways to utilise the one, two and three point perspective techniques. To put it into practise, we were instructed to take a scene from our project's story and recreate it using a type of perspective that we thought best. 


I first started off by creating the scene with my two main characters meeting at the Eiffel Tower. I used three point perspective to create the image above, but I didn't think it was successful because my story is meant to be quite intimate, and this seems too far away to recognise that emotion. 


I then tried a one point perspective to see how that would play out with a French cafe environment.


Just gave me some advice on how I could take the first image and make it more close up and intimate. This helped me to improve my three point perspective a little bit, and gave me a better idea as to how I can create that emotional intensity in my story.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Project: The "What If" Metropolis - Travelogue

Film Review: The Incredibles (2004) - The Hero's Journey Archetypes

Film Review: Disney’s Hercules (1997) - The Hero’s Journey