Major: Character Skinning

I have now managed to complete most of the skinning for my three characters. This took a while to do as there were some complications in terms of my geometry. The collar of René's shirt was a bit of a challenge as I needed to weight some of it to the neck joints, and I have yet to figure out how to skin his tie. It may involve needing to add some joints as I plan to have it move during my animation.
 

 
As for Linette, her torso was the most challenging as there are many separate pieces of geometry that make up the top of her dress. I also plan to use NCloth to give her sleeves and skirt the look of flowy fabric.


 
Finally, for my ghost character, the most complicated part was trying the skin the shoulder area. She initially had a bardot neckline on her dress, however, because the collar was sitting in an awkward position, skinning became a struggle and in the end I resolved this by altering the geometry of the torso. As a result, I also needed the cut the head in a different position, so I also added a necklace to cover this area, which I think adds to the characters design nicely. I will also add NCloth to the sleeves of her dress.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Project: The "What If" Metropolis - Travelogue

Film Review: The Incredibles (2004) - The Hero's Journey Archetypes

Film Review: Disney’s Hercules (1997) - The Hero’s Journey