Toolkit 2: Reflective Statement

After spending some time reflecting on my contribution to Toolkit 2, I have to say that my feelings towards this project are a bit mixed.

Having rejoined the course back in September after a few years working on my health, I knew that there would be some challenges ahead in terms of readjusting to the workflow and computer programs. I was pleased to find out that my knowledge hadn't completely disappeared, however I did feel at a slight disadvantage because there were still some things that I needed to re-learn. I believe that the Maya tutorials helped with that process immensely, and I feel fortunate to be able to have access to these.

On the flip side, however, I do believe I have let myself down in terms of time management, not only in regards to Maya, but also my Character Design project. I will hold myself accountable and not make excuses, because I believe that if I don't start picking up the slack then I will truly fall behind not just in university, but also my future career. As I did not fully complete the list of tutorials during term time, I will be now be completing them over the summer break. I need to push myself further and understand time management and professionalism better.

Toolkit 2 also included Life Drawing sessions, and I had a lot of fun attending these. The sessions have been very important to me because not only was it a time to take a small breather from other projects, but it also helps me to remember the fundamentals of drawing the human figure. My only point that I need to practise more is understanding environments. Perspective and drawing locations and objects have never been my strongest points, and so I want to challenge myself in practising these over the summer break.

While I have discovered a lot during Toolkit 2, I believe I still have quite a ways to go before I can fully call myself a professional.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Project: The "What If" Metropolis - Travelogue

Film Review: The Incredibles (2004) - The Hero's Journey Archetypes

Film Review: Disney’s Hercules (1997) - The Hero’s Journey