Premise: Character Design Exploration - Linette

As I did with my other character, René, I wanted to do a bit of exploration for my other character, Linette. Below are some mood boards that I put together to help me figure out her design. Much like the celebrity references, I wanted Linette to have a rounded face and a kind smile. She is the type of person who is strong and will fight for what she believes in.


I have once again decided to create two types of designs, one more cartoon-y and the other a little more realistic. Linette's main features include her rounded face, her smile, her long swooping nose and her wavy, middle-parted brunette hair. As she is going to become a ghost in my story, I have also added in some designs of her "spirit form" where she is predominantly one colour and translucent. 


I gave her a variety of outfit designs where I tried to reflect the fashion of the 1920s to see what she could look like. With her ghostly form, I am unsure whether to have her in a long dress and floating, or if I should keep her feet, as I plan to only have her in one outfit. In terms of style, I di have doubts at first because of the emotion that I wanted to evoke in my animation, but I am leaning more towards the cartoon-y designs. I want to make the story romantic, but also fun.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Project: The "What If" Metropolis - Travelogue

Film Review: The Incredibles (2004) - The Hero's Journey Archetypes

Film Review: Disney’s Hercules (1997) - The Hero’s Journey