Premise: Storyboard First Draft

For my Premise project, I decided to create an initial storyboard to help me visualise how the animation could potentially unfold. My main focus in this storyboard is to keep the camera close to the character’s faces to evoke a lot of emotion through their expressions and body language. The beginning of the storyboard shows the male character, René, seeing flashbacks of himself and his love, Linette, spending time together, so I need to now consider how I will portray these memories through either editing or the actual animation. Another thing that I need to consider is how to texture the 3D model for Linette when she becomes a ghost. The idea is that she will be slightly transparent but not to the point where she will be hard to distinguish. I am now currently considering how I can push the characters designs even further and also incorporate the Art Nouveau style in to the final animation.







Comments

  1. These look great, Chelsea! For transparency, if you are using the Arnold renderer, it might be worth looking into the Arnold shaders to try and get a transparency effect.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Project: The "What If" Metropolis - Travelogue

Film Review: The Incredibles (2004) - The Hero's Journey Archetypes

Film Review: Disney’s Hercules (1997) - The Hero’s Journey